Things NOT to say when his team is losing the Super Bowl.
1. “It’s just a game.” While completely accurate, it is also completely inaccurate – it is the game not a game. It’s the last game of the season so they know that there will be no football for many months and that mere thought has them very upset before the game ever started.
2. “The party was fun tho right.” While you may view the party as by-product of the game, it is actually the other way around. We would have a party to have a party – shoot I have had a party to get ready to have a party 🙂 They are only having the party because of the game… they need the nourishment from all the food to be able to scream at the TV.
3. If he says he is done watching the game, this is not the time to say “but I want to watch the commercials.” We all know that more people are watching the commercials not the game, but especially if his team is getting their butt kicked – it just isn’t the best time to bring it up. Just do what everyone else does and go to YouTube.
4. If it happens to get so bad that the channel is a actually changed. Do not, I repeat – do not get invested in that show. At least once – but probably more than once the channel will get changed again. The frustration of not watching what he wants to be watching will be taken out on the remote.
5. As a last ditch effort to save the night- go ahead and let him know that you preordered the next WWE pay-per-view. 🙂 That one is for u – Gary!!
Disclaimer – my husband is a sports fanatic, and while he does scream at the TV, he really isn’t as bad as this post sounds. We had fun watching the parts of the game we did. Lol 🙂