Dear Sports Commentator in My Living Room:
Just wanted to let you know somethings that are really bugging me:
- When you are so passionately commentating, I am not arguing with you – please don’t feel like you must repeat yourself 15 times about the same play.
- The players cannot hear you, yelling at them will not improve their playing.
- The coaches cannot hear you, yelling at them will not improve their coaching.
- The commentators on the TV (that are paid to be there) cannot hear you, yelling at them will not change their status of the play that you emphatically disagree with them about.
- While I am sure that the coaches would appreciate your agreeing with them (on the rare occasion that happens) when you disagree with them, I would just like to remind you that they are paid to be in that position.
While I appreciate having my own personal commentator, please keep in mind these things. It would really make our sports viewing times much more enjoyable (at least for me).